Our 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students will require the Kindle Fire HD 8 in place of some textbooks this year. Please look at some of the required apps (free) as well as basics about the setup of the Kindle.
Why is Harvest going to be using Kindle Fire HD 8 tablets?
• Educational research shows that the greatest success with tablets in school occurs when the students and teachers use the same tablet.
• During HCA’s pilot program of these tablets in 2017-2018, a uniform tablet made it much easier for the teacher and students to troubleshoot issues since all students had the same tablet.
• The Fire HD 8 is one of the most affordable and reliable tablets available.
• The Fire HD 8 does not have cellular options, so parents and teachers can easily limit distractions that could occur if Internet access was easily available.
• The HCA teachers are familiar with using the Fire HD 8 for educational objectives.
Where do you purchase the Kindle Fire HD 8 tablets?
There are a variety of online locations to purchase the Kindle Fire HD 8. Below are a few of the options:
• BestBuy.com will ship directly to Guam, but it will take about a month for the tablet to arrive.
• Target.com will ship directly to Guam, but a physical address, not a P.O. Box is required. It will take several weeks to arrive.
• Amazon.com will not ship to Guam but will ship to a stateside address very quickly. A family member/friend would then have to ship it Priority Mail to Guam for less than $15.